Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I would like to get my Turkish husband a visitors visa to

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to get my Turkish husband a visitors visa to the UK. I am British and he has four children.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have four children who have British Passports (born in America). He did apply for residency a few years back but it was rejected. There was a hearing / appeal in Birmingham, I didn't know anything about it as I was in hospital with severe anaemia and I didn't receive any paperwork about this. It has been 9 years since we have been apart. His children really need him here in the UK.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

He needs to apply for a visitor’s visa before he is able to come here for a visit.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-

· You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;

· You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;

· You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in Turkey which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from his employer stating he has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available.

If he gets his visa, then he can stay for up to six months and must leave at the end of it. He cannot seek to secure a more permanent stay whilst he – it would not be entertained by the UKBA

If you will assist him during the intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that if you are in a relationship with that person then you know that he should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

If he is to stay for a long time he will need to demonstrate considerable funds in his account to pay the costs of his time here.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

It would probably cost around £500+ VAT to instruct a solicitor to prepare the whole application on behalf of your husband and this is generally the best way to ensure he get’s his visa, if you can afford it. If you cannot afford it then getting a statutory declaration as described above and preparing it yourself is the alternative..

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave feedback.

Kind regards,

Tom