Irfan
Irfan, Immigration Consultant
Experience:  Registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
12254607

I have an ILR visa and I have been living with my partner

Customer Question

i have an ILR visa and I have been living with my partner since 2009. my partner has a worker visa (for turkish people)in UK.can he apply ILR because of my partner over 6 years?
he doesn't need a partner visa.now with his visa she can work any type of job.he just want to get ILR visa because of my partner.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Irfan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

In order for your partner to be eligible for ILR, she must apply to remain in the as an Unmarried Partner and will need to spend 5 years in this category. She cannot apply for ILR even though she has spent 6 years in the UK because she has not been living here on the basis of your relationship.

The Unmarried Partner visa will be issued for a period of 30 months after which time she will be eligible to make an extension of stay in the UK to a total of 5 years. Once she has spent a period of 5 years in the UK, she will be eligible to apply for a permanent visa.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,

Irfan

Expert:  Irfan replied 1 year ago.

Just a quick follow up on your question; if you do have any further queries or are satisfied with my answer please do provide me with your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Irfan

Expert:  Irfan replied 1 year ago.

As I have not heard back from you, I wanted to see if you still require help with your immigraiton question?

Please do accept my answer if you do not need further assistance.

Many thanks,

Irfan