Irfan
Irfan, Immigration Consultant
Experience:  Registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC)
12254607

My niece, who is Brazilian, came with my wife and I, to visit

Customer Question

My niece, who is Brazilian, came with my wife and I, to visit Britain. The emigration service refused entry, alleging that she has not enough money to live here. She has been invited by us, we paid her ticket and we told the emigration officer, that she don't need any money because we are paying for all her expenses and she would live with us during her visit. But the officers wouldn't listen and sent her back to Brazil. Why can't we pay for family members. I would like to know if there any possibility to let her come back, without the emigration interfering? We think that is unfair and inhuman.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for your patience.
How old is your niece please?
Kind regards
Tom
Expert:  Irfan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank for your question. The best option for your niece is to submit a formal application for a visit visa from Brazil. In the application to the UK visa processing office, she must address the reason given by the Immigration Officer for her not having enough money for her trip. Although you can provide accomodation and maintain your niece in the UK but it is her circumstances in Brazil that are most important in assessing whether to allow her entry to the UK. In order to obtain a UK Visitor visa she will need to demonstrate that she has strong ties to her home country and that she has commitments to return to. Please note, return flight tickets do not demonstrate that she has commitments to return to in Brazil. Your niece should also demonstrate why she would leave the UK at the end of her visit i.e. due to work, study or personal/family commitments. I hope this helps and I look forward to your feedback. Kind regards,Irfan
Expert:  Irfan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Further to my recent answer I am now following-up to see if you have any further queries regarding your UK immigration question?If you do not have further questions, I would be grateful if you provide feeback in response to my answer. I look forward to hearing from you soon.Kind regards,Irfan