Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

A Saudi person (who is out of UK and do not have any visa at

Customer Question

A Saudi person (who is out of UK and do not have any visa at this stage) wants to set up a company in UK and move there to manage it. I have read the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa but got confused about when may apply with GBP 50,000 instead of 200,000.
Could you clarify the difference between the two categories, please?
Regards
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I will try and help. What are you confused about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

First, your profile suggests that you have no relevant experience (immigration law), please confirm that you capable to advise on immigration law.

Second, the key questions in mind are as follows:

1. Can a person apply for Tier 1 with GBP 50,000 if he/she is out of UK and has not current visa? Some visa services website claim that it can be applied without having a current visa provided that the amount falls under one of specific resources?

2. If the amount merely deposited (GBP 50,000) in a saving account with a registered UK bank, does considered an investment for the purpose of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)?

3. If a person remotely set up the company, and while he is out of UK arrange the money (50,000 or 200,000) to be invested in the company, can he/she rely on that as an investment to apply for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)?

4. If a person set up a (limited company by guarantee), and spends GBP 50,000 or 200,000 in the company during the last 12 months before his/her application; can he/she rely on such amount to apply for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur).Please be reminded that limited company by guarantee has no capital no it has shares?

Best regards,

I do but if you would prefer some one else that is fine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need answers from a person with experience, if you have it, so it would be a pleasure to work with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The question is still waiting for an expert, please cancel the question /order. I no longer need the answer.

Best regards,

Hamdan