Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My 21 year old daughter is a U.S. citizen and she is in a serious

Customer Question

My 21 year old daughter is a U.S. citizen and she is in a serious relationship with a UK citizen. He is 29 and makes approximately 21,000 GBP per year. They are beginning to discuss getting engaged and eventually getting married. My daughter recently heard that the income requirement for the UK sponsor is going to go up dramatically in April of 2016. They are panicking about this because it puts their relationship progress on some kind of deadline. We can't find anything online to validate this information. Please help us! Thank you!
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert_James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit before leaving this site today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal immigration Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. Please answer the following: I just want to confirm that this is related to UK immigration, and not US immigration. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
OK, then I have to change this to the UK immigration topic area. This is the US immigration topic area. Please be patient, as this might take some time to register.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Please do not respond, as it will only serve to delay the transfer. Thank you for your patience. Best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received a message from anyone and have been charged $57. If no one is going to answer me I want a refund.