Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I applied eea 2 card in october 2014and was refused 17th of july 2015 based

Customer Question

hello, i applied for an eea 2 card in october 2014and was refused 17th of july 2015 based on the fact that they came to my house 4 times and i and my husband are not at home. now my lawyers said to appeal it will take up to 8 months that means till march 2016. how true is dis?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your patience. It is correct that if the application has been rejected then it can take up to 8 months in order for an appeal to be held. First you have to give your notice of appeal stating what grounds for appeal is based on and then the appeal has to be scheduled. Unfortunately there are lots of heels and it takes a long time for an immigration appeal Tribunal to have the availability to set up an appeal. It is unfortunate that you were not in at the times that they visited so that you could persuade them of the genuine nature of your relationship. However facing the rejection on this is kind of understandable and this unfortunately leaves you with only the option of appealing. .I am sorry. Kind regards Tom