How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter lives in London and is a graduate student on a

Customer Question

my daughter lives in London and is a graduate student on a tier 4 student visa. She is working as an intern for a company in a position related to her degree. Once she graduates, if this same company were to offer her full time employment and agree to sponsor her tier 2 visa, will she be able to continue in her internship right up to the start of her full time position or will there be a required gap in service?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
When would the internship finish?
When does her current visa expire?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The internship is ongoing with no definite end date at this point in time. Her student visa will expire at the end of December 2015. Her actual Master's course will end in September. The company where she is interning has indicated to her that they may want to bring her on full time. The company is currently on the Register of Sponsors (Tiers 2 & 5) and with an A rating.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your detailed reply.
In regards ***** ***** question, she will be able to continue her internship until the day she is issued with a Tier 2 biometric permit. Once she has been issued with the Tier 2 visa she is unable to continue her position as an intern and will need to commence employment as a Tier 2 employee.
There does not need to be any gap in her employment, instead the crucial time is the day she is issued with her Tier 2 visa she must cease her position as an intern.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions