Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.
30932268

My wife wants to come to the UK to give birth, she is Ethiopian, will she be stopped a

Customer Question

Hi, my wife wants to come to the UK to give birth, she is Ethiopian, will she be stopped at the airport ? She is coming on a visitor visa ? Will they stop her coming into the country at heathrow ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
A woman who has been granted a visitor visa would not be turned away at the port of entry simply because she is pregnant.
However, you should note that medical treatment for a visitor is not free and she will be required to pay hospital fees unless she has medical insurance.
I hope this answers your question. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer.
I am happy to discuss the matter further if needed.
Alice.