Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

Im currently on a Tier 4 visa in the UK with no recourse to

I'm currently on a Tier 4 visa in the UK with no recourse to public funds. In December of 2012 I applied for public funds due to temporary loss of funds from abroad because I didn't have enough money to pay my rent for December due to theft. Although there are certain exceptions made for people in this situation my application was denied because my visa states no recourse to public funds. My question is will my tier 4 visa extension be denied because I applied for temporary public funds even though I didn't receive any funds? Thanks
You should not be refused a visa as you have not received public funds and it is fortunate that you did not receive them. The questions on the form ask if you have received public funds and not if you have applied for them.