UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi, have a friend in Indonesia who i have chatted to online

Hi, have a friend in Indonesia who i have chatted to online for nearly 6 months. I invited them to stay with me in London at Christmas. We provided the for the application everything that was ask for... including proof of money i hold in accounts, letter from her work and that I would be paying for the ticket.

The application was turned down on the basis of...
______________
Your Application
You have applied for an entry clearance to visit the United Kingdom for 2 weeks. I have considered your application under paragraph 41 of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules. You can read these Rules at: www.ukba.homeoffice.aov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/
The Decision
You havestated that you intend to visit your friend in the UK. It would not be unreasonable given his offer to accommodate/maintain you in the UK to consider the genuineness Of the -relationship' between you and your sponsor :' Based on the evidence you have submitted in respect to communication, and the frequency of such, between you and your sponsor as well as the frequency of any visits, I am not satisfied you have shown you have a genuine close friendship/relationship. There is no evidence before me that you have met your sponsor. Therefore I am not satisfied that I should rely on your sponsor's offer to maintain and/or accommodate you during your stay. Based on the evidence you have submitted of your own circumstances and available funds I am not satisfied on a balance of probabilities that you will maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants adequately out of resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will, with any dependants, be maintained and accommodated adequately by relatives or friends who can demonstrate they are able and intend to do so, and are legally present in the United Kingdom, or will be at the time of your visit and that you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey. Paragraph 41 (vi) and (vii).
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the Immigration Rules.
Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (wvvw.legislationsiov.uk
____________

I'm a wheelchair user and have no way of getting to Indonesia to validate our relationship as they seem to want us to have met. Do i stand a chance based on my disability of overturning this decision?

Regards Neil
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

It's of great help that you have written the refusal as it assists me in getting straight to the point.

In respect of the application there are 2 options:

1. You write a letter to the home office in the Philippines explaining the fact that you have a disability and are unable to travel to visit your friend, you should also state that just because you have not met your friend it does not mean that your friendship is less affectionate than two persons who have. You should then ask the immigration officer to reconsider their decision taking into account that you are unable to travel.

This is called a letter of reconsideration. There is no charge and you write to the immigration officer in the Philippines whose name and department should be stated at the end of the refusal letter.

2. Your second option is to appeal, but due to the stress and length of the process which can take up to one year to complete I do not believe this would be the best course of action. In addition your friends appeal rights are limited to the sections you mentioned which are factors relating to human rights and mostly family orientated therefore the likelihood of success at appeal is limited.

I therefore suggest that your friends writes a letter of reconsideration asking the immigration officer to overturn the decision, if this fails then your friend should reapply enclosing the letter of reconsideration and showing the fact that you were not happy with the previous decision and it is due to this that you are reapplying.

I hope this answers your question. I would be happy to clarify any aspect of my answer further. Kindly rate my reply positively.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

By Philippines do you mean Indonesia as thats what I was writing about. I have already written and its been forwarded... see below.

I guess its a waiting game

-------

Dear VFS GLOBAL

I’m writing to beg you to reconsider your refusal of VISA to Miss Yulida Aryantie. I’m not sure why you are calling into question the genuineness of our friendship.

Surely correspondence between us on a daily basis by messenger, mobile and Skype must count for something? We have not met in person but have spent many hours (days even chatting online). Two more genuinely bonded friends it would be hard to find.

Yuli is my constant online companion and i would give anything to be able to visit her myself in Indonesia but unfortunately I don’t have full use of my legs due to a type of muscular dystrophy called ‘Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy’ which makes flying without a companion to help with things such as toilets (on planes) almost impossible. Thats not to say I live a lesser life because of it. I’m the Director of my own company (Listed on Companies House) www.withdesign.co.uk. I’m a professional graphic designer with arguably one of the biggest companies in the world as my client ‘Tesco - retail’ designing with £4b budgets. I drive a car. Raise funds for charities. Produce photography…. the list goes on. I’m serious about it only being a two week stay as she has a 12 year old son to return home to that needs his mum. I have a two bed flat in North London and I thought it would be an amazing christmas present to us both to spend the festivities together.

Im of good stature, solvent and with no criminal record. I’m not sure what else i can do to prove I would maintain her stay… I’d gladly pay a bond of some type if I had to, just so she could be here for a relatively short stay.

Please reconsider

Kind Regards

Neil Withers

XXXXX Enfield, Middlesex EN3 5FE UK

07730 508579

----------------their reply------

Dear Mr. Withers,

Thank you for contacting the VFS Visa Information Service.

Your email has been forwarded to the UK Visa and Immigration Correspondence Team, who will respond to you directly. The UK Visa and Immigration aims to respond to queries regarding visa decisions as soon as possible, and within a customer service target of 20 working days.

Please note the following information:

Due to the Data Protection Act (1998) the UK Visa and Immigration are unable to provide information to third parties (including an applicant’s partner or sponsor) without prior written consent.

The reasons for refusing any UK visa application and rights of appeal are clearly stated in the Notice of Decision, which is returned to each applicant with their passport and documents.

You can find further information about Appeals and Administrative Reviews on the UK Border Agency website.

Yours Sincerely

VFS GLOBAL

EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

Lantai 22, Zone B, Plaza ASIA, Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 59 Jakarta, Indonesia - 12190

Email: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX | Telephone: + 62 21 5140 1583

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I do apologise I mean Indonesia. The most you can do is ask them to reconsider highlighting all the facts as you have done. All you can do now is wait for a decision, but I would state that there is nothing more that can be done in your friends case.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards