UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

Hello, I am planning to apply for a Tier 4 General visa. I

Hello, I am planning to apply for a Tier 4 General visa. I have an unconditional offer of a place at INTO University Partnerships. At the moment, I am waiting for my CAS Statement. I can admit that I meet all visa requirements because I have sufficient maintenance and there is nothing preventing me from obtaining CAS. However, I worry my application might be rejected due to refusal of entry clearance I got this year in July. I have applied as a visitor to the UK for 6 months. I was refused due to Paragraph 41 (i) and (ii), also (vi) and (vii).

Generally I have good visa history. I never been deported‚ removed or otherwise required to leave any country. Except the above-mentioned refusal. I would like to know will the existence of one refusal affect to obtaining the visa?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

No, certainly not, provided the refusal did not lead to a ban and you did not provide any fraudulent documentation, your Tier 4 visa application should not be prejudiced.

What I do suggest you do is state that you have been refused a visa to the uk and any other details regarding your refusal. You may also wish to state any mitigating circumstances surrounding your refusal. Provided you state that you were refused the visit visa in July and state the details it should not effect your Tier 4 visa application.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the detailed answer.

I will take your suggestion into consideration.

I would like to make sure one point. Could you please look at these two images, refusal of entry clearance. Just to make for you my situation clear.

Also, I noted this here on justanswer: "If you withdraw the appeal and just reapply the home office would think that they were right to refuse the visa." I did not make an appeal after getting the refusal. Will it somehow affect on obtaining Tier 4 visa?

Could you please share your insight?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

RefusalRefusal 002

Attachment: 2013-11-13_200629_2013-07-24_refusal.rar

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have advised this to a lot of my customers, however, in this case because more than 3 months have passed I would not suggest that appealing in your case or writing a letter of reconsideration would suffice. That is why I have suggested that you mention replies to the refusal of your visit visa in your application for a tier 4 visa. This would be sufficient in your case.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards