UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

Hello, I am planning to apply for ILR (long residence) in

I am planning to apply for ILR (long residence) in the next few months. I know that all long residence applications should be by post. However, I work in a company that requires me to travel a lot and from what I've heard, the processing times via post takes upto six months. My question is, is there any way I could book an appointment instead of apply by post?
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Unfortunately not, you are unable to apply using the same day application service as you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residency. The home office does not allow you to book using the same day application service for this type of appointment, therefore any application made must be done using the postal service.

What you can do is write in a covering letter with the application the reasons why you wish for your application to be decided sooner. The home office will consider your reasons and decide your application and accordingly.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For UK Lawyer,

I have another question. Since the processing time for ILR long residence takes upto six months, do these months count when applying for British Citizenship?

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately not, you will need to have held indefinite leave to remain for at least 1 year before applying for British citizenship. The wait for your visa to be issued will not be counted towards that time.

I apologise for not reverting back to you earlier.

Kind regards