UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi, i have been living in London since September, 2009. I

hi,
i have been living in London since September, 2009. I entered uk as a tier 4 student and now i have tier 2 general visa. My sponsor is A-rated and they agreed to provide my maintenance fund when i applied for the visa (March 2013). the line below is the line from COS.
Tick to confirm the sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant: Y

When i applied for the visa i was single, but i got married now and i want to bring my wife to England. what sort of documents do i need to gather in order to bring my wife here in London. Since i have cos with maintenance fund provided by sponsor, do i need another proof of maintenance fund?
Also, i have not updated my marital status in ukba, i tried to do it online but there was no option for marital status, do i need to update my marital status to ukba? if yes, where and how?

by the way i am from Nepal.

Regards
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

1. In respect of your application for your wife you would need to provide the following documents:

Evidence of your subsisting relationship, emails, telephone conversations, letters, skype
Your marriage certificate
Photographs of you and your wife since you arrived to the UK
Evidence of you having enough accommodation for your wife, letter from the landlord

2. If your sponsor is providing maintenance then they need to write a letter confirming that they are willing to provide maintenance for your wife, if they are not willing to do so then you need to show evidence in your bank statements that you have funds of £600.00 in your account for at least 90 days.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

regarding the letter from sponsor, does it have to be in special format and i also, do i need to update my marital status in ukba?

Thank you for your reply.

1. In regards XXXXX XXXXX letter from the employer, it needs to state all your details on there ie COS number, amount of time you have worked there, your salary, and then your wife's name and passport number and then state that they are willing to maintain your wife. This should be sufficient

2. No you do not need to update your status with the home office, this will be done automatically once you submit the application for your wife.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.