Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

hi. i am a british citizen. have an expired jordainian passport.

hi.
i am a british citizen. have an expired jordainian passport. on the bourder they said its not valid. so i entered jordan with my british passport. wen checked my visa later on, there was no visa. it was only entrance. i rang the jordainian passport office,they said you dont need a visa because you are originally jordainian. i even asked a lawyer who said the same. but wen i wanted to leave the country, they said i was ellegal in my stay and i have to pay a fine. wen talking to an officer, he said the bourder officer has made a mistake. and we deal only with the passport you enter with as british. but as a british i was suppose to have a month visa. and althow so,am the one to pay for there mistake. can you please support my case with a letter or explanation that governments usually do not make somebody pay for the mistakes the government make. or may be i should ask: what my government can do to help me ?? am on pintion. and cant afford what they are asking me to pay. and more important, its not fair.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
Jordan recognises dual citizenship so I am not clear what the issue would be? Just because your passport is expired it does not remove your citizenship? I am not sure how it can be illegal to enter a country for which you have citizenship.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they issued a national insurance number in 1994 wen i was in england. and as i didnt claim one then. they considared me as i lost my jordanian nationality...but thats not the issue for me now, all i want is to get out of here and to have a legall aid with the issue

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
I would have thought it was relevant - it should usually be quite hard to lose your citizenship for the country in which you were born when it allows dual citizenship.

I am not sure what you are looking for here? Are you saying that you are being stopped from leaving? Have you contacted the British Embassy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i cant leave tell i pay the fine...the empassy gave me this wepsite . and am stuck. you dont seem 2 consetrate on the the issue, why should i pay wen its there mistake ?

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
You are a British citizen and the British Embassy told you to come to this website for advice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes they gave me there web and from there i got to you .

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
That seems odd - surely the British Embassy can offer more assistance than a website?

The problem is that you are asking in a UK immigration law forum and this is not a UK immigration law question... The fact is that you are a citizen of Jordan and so I do not see what basis they would have for this. You need to push the British Embassy to provide more assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

foret about am jordanian. am british and they are hasseling. i explained the what happend and concentrate on there legall mistake about the visa . and do inform the empassy on behalf of me please.

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but it is not at all clear what you are looking for from this site. You ask questions and we provide answers. We cannot contact Embassies on your behalf.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you can do somthing like asking sombody else or in the home office.

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
The Home Office have nothing to do with this. If the Jordanian authorities are stopping a British citizen from leaving Jordan then this is something that the British Embassy should help with.

Perhaps I have not understood your situation?
Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
One more rating like that and I will opt out of trying to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

am desperat out there howard .

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
I understand that but you need to remember that if I can help I will but to provide negative ratings only encourages me not to do so. A positive rating of the service I am trying to provide would help.

Was my previously stated understanding of your situation correct?

If yes then what response have you got from the British Embassy? They should be providing assistance?
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.