Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

I am a british citizen and my wife is nigerian who lived in

I am a british citizen and my wife is nigerian who lived in england for 9 year illegally of which we have been married 5 years, we applied for a FLM-R in the UK but was refused, so we both came to nigeria to reapply for a settlement visa, and we need advice on what the outcome might be? Because we are very worried what the outcome might be as I need my wife with me and I can't live or work in nigeria as I have a stable reliable job and home in the UK please help. Regards Antony
I presume the application was refused due to her lack of status in the UK.

As this is a family visa there is a strong chance of approval IF you have correctly evidenced that you and your wife meet the requirements for a Spouse visa. You have not mentioned whether or not you have children but if you do then this will further increase the chances of approval.

If refused then you would have a strong chance of success at appeal.

I wish you the best of luck!