Alex Hughes
Alex Hughes, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience
30932268

My Uk visa was revoked before i depart Nigeria, what can be

My Uk visa was revoked before i depart Nigeria, what can be done?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex Hughes replied 1 year ago.
My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

What reason were you given for the cancellation of your visa?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was granted a Uk visa as a first timer to the United Kingdom for a conference that was supposed to be hold on the 17th of oct 2013, But i was suppose to depart Nigeria 16th oct 2013 to arrived same day and get ready for the conference the next day, However, I missed my flight and had to pay a no show fee to arik airline for 17th departure when the conference started. Getting to the airport, i submitted my passport, conference letter and my hotel reservation to them at the counter.

why the nigerian staff for the arik airline were checking my document and passing to a white woman with them at the counter, the woman called me and asked the reason why is it that the conference was from 17th to 20th and my flight ticket shows 2weeks of stay. That i should go and change either of the 2 to tally, which i proceed to amend the hotel reservation to 2weeks so it can tally with my ticket. I came back to give her the amendment hotel reservation, when she now ask why am i staying for 2weeks when the conference am coming for is 4days, and i told her i would like to chill around and do some shopping for my son and my unborn baby, cos my wife is pregnant.

After wish she asked how much am holding and i told her i have over 2000 pounds on my atm. and the next thing she ask me to step aside and called another white man, which that one introduced himself to me as one of the British staff i guess..and he asked me to come along with him after wish i did. and he after asking some few question he asked me to step aside that he will need to make some few calls. after he did that he called me back and said " i am fitting in'' but will still need to make some few calls and me back later, which he did and after asking the few question, he ask to step aside again for decision making...and after the calls he now called me to say " I AM SORRY YOUR VISA HAS BEEN CANCELED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REAPPLY IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER CONFERENCE IN THE FUTURE" and i told me the conference just stated today and even if i missed the 17th because i was just departing, then i can meet up with the 18th and 19th. but he has already canceled the visa.....so i am confused. We can start the answer to my question from where i stopped. Thanks

OK.

It sounds like your visa (also known as entry clearance) has been revoked because the immigration officer on the grounds that there has been a change in circumstances since the visa was issued.

There is no right of appeal for entry clearances revoked on this ground. Usually the decision should be reconsidered and if you do not meet the requirements, a refusal notice would be issued.

Even if you were given a right of review or appeal, it is unlikely that your application would be considered in time for your trip, which is very short in duration anyway. There is no way you would be able to re-apply as the conference has now started and will finish in a couple of days time.
Alex Hughes, Solicitor Advocate
Experience: Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can i reapply with my visa been revoked? and how would they send me notice about why and reasons why i my visa was been revoked? and am afraid if there won't be any problem or been refused if i take my passport to apply for another visa at another country embassy for that that UK put revoke on my visa? Because the only respond he gave me after my visa was revoked by him is that i should reapply again when i have another conference am going for. Right now i do not know what step to take

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.