Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

My spouse has recently claimed their British citizenship. We

My spouse has recently claimed their British citizenship. We both live in the US but plan to relocate to the UK early next year. We will have enough savings when we go to support us for the first few months at a minimum and strong contacts already in the UK for securing jobs soon after we settle.

However, since neither of us will have a job going over, what is the best way for me to get a spouse visa ahead of time so we can travel and settle there together and I can attain work when we arrive?

Are there any ways around the financial requirement that seems to be necessary to secure a spousal visa. Are there any ways to expedite the visa process?
I have assumed you are a US citizen - let me know if this is not the case.

Unfortunately there are no ways around the financial requirement if you want to apply for a Spouse visa. If you cannot meet this based on the British partner's salary then you must meet this on the basis of savings (minimum in the accounts for a period of 6 months prior to application).

The only exception to this is via the Surinder Singh route. This would mean that if your British partner exercised Treaty Rights in a EEA country such as France for at least 4 months (working there, for example) then you could join her and travel into the UK with her using the EEA Family Visa - much cheaper to apply and no financial requirement:
I note that you have viewed the answer that I have provided. Whilst it is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive, your question has nonetheless been answered and I would appreciate you providing a positive rating to confirm this. I have also provided you with an option that does get around the financial requirement.

Please take a moment to confirm that your question has been answered and note that you can still ask for further clarification even after you have provided a rating.

I have spent time providing an answer to your question and would appreciate you taking the time to confirm that your question has been answered and providing a rating of the service that I provided to you.

You can of course request further clarification if any is required.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am confused at this request for more information on 15 October.
I did receive your answer and rated your service as excellent.

I am curious about my question of expediting the visa process. If we are able to meet the financial requirement through savings how soon can I expect it to take to get a visa?

Yes, I am a US citizen as is my spouse. My spouse is holding dual citizenship.

Thank you.

Thank you for the rating. For some reason the system was not showing this but it now appears.

If applying in the US then there is a priority service that can be used for Spouse visa applications that can reduce processing time significantly (hopefully to a couple of weeks at the most). You cannot usually expedite a EEA Family visa application if you used the Surinder Singh route.