Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Hi, Im an indian national currently on ICT Short term expiring

Hi, Im an indian national currently on ICT Short term expiring in Apr 2014. Should i need to travel back to india to Extend that to ICT long term or can i do it while Im in the UK? If i go to india is there a cooling period associated to it?

Is there a way i can change my ICT short term to Tier 2 general category? Does it involve a cooling period or a visit to india back?
You cannot extend the short term ICT - it is intended only for short-term work up to 12 months. The cooling off period applies to making another short term ICT application and commences when you leave the UK or 12 months after visa expiry, whichever is sooner.

You would have to apply for Tier 2 General from outside the UK and you could do this immediately without a cooling off period..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible for me to do long term ICT while I'm at UK or should I travel back to India and then apply for a long term ict?

Can I do it in between, meaning without the completion of my term in short term ICT say if my short term ICT completes by Apr 2014 and can I apply for long term in end 2013 And come back immediately after that in long term ICT?

You cannot switch into the Long Term category within the UK but you can apply immediately from outside the UK. You do not need to have completed the full term of your Short Term Tier 2 ICT visa.