Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My inquiry is regarding expediting uk visa processing. Ive

My inquiry is regarding expediting uk visa processing. I've applied for tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa back in may 2013 and waiting for decisions since there. I need to write a professional letter to UKBA asking to expedite my visa processing and explaining that urgent meetings with various clients is required as well as attendance of various conferences in order to expand client database.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Are you in the uk? Or have you applied from outside the UK?

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm currently in UK and my application was made inside UK.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Regrettably, there is no formal UKBA facility available to expediting your application. It’s probably the biggest frustration that appilcants express.

Usually I would expect the application to be determine by 4 -6 weeks of the date that it was submitted, providing that the application was not controversial because you clearly met the eligibility criteria and evidenced this with all the necessary supporting documentation.

If it has been 5 months since the date that you submitted the application then this is seriously at the upper end of the timescale that I would expect for an application.

Although there is no formal facility to get them to expedite your application I would certainly consider getting your solicitor to write a letter to them requesting urgent determination.

The letter should begin by setting out your details and the chronology of the application detailing the date that you submitted the application, the date they would have received it and the date that they acknowledged the application.

It should then express your profound disappointment at the apparent delaying up until the date of the letter. It should state that the application should have been determined by now and would outline why you now require it to be determined as quickly as possible, referring to the various conferences that you mention in your question post.

I would also consider scheduling an appointment with your MP to tell them of your problems with the UKBA. They will likely be able to write a letter on your behalf to the UKBA and copy you in to the letter.

The letter should state that if your application is not determined extremely quickly then you will write a formal complaint letter to them in respect of the delay.

The reality is that the UKBA get quite a few letters like this. Sometimes it hastens determination, sometimes it does not speed it up too much but it is the only avenue actually available to you at this point I’m afraid.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would you be able to write such a letter if i provide more information? I've already written to my local MP and they've received a reply from ukba stating that my visa will be decided shortly but I there is no guarantee that it will be. That's why I wanted to write a letter myself to explain all frustration and that my proposed business is stagnated do to long processing time. I would also like to include in the letter my invitations for various conferences, my business cards, my VAT registration letter etc. But the main thing is the content of the letter. Would you be able to assist in writing such letter? Thank you

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I'm afriad no, that would constitue specific advice which is not the intention of this site.

A solicitor would be willing to draft the letter for you and follow the structure that I suggested above. They would likely charge in the region of £50 + VAT to do this. This is probably the best way forward for you.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor