Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

Im investigating whether I may be eligible for British citizensh

I'm investigating whether I may be eligible for British citizenship through my late grandmother who was a British citizen, but was naturalized as an American citizen in 1953. I believe she retained her British citizenship as she continued to receive benefits from the British government for her service during the war. Please let me know if you have any knowledge that may help my situation. Thanks.
If you are a US Citizen then you do not qualify for a visa or Citizenship based on your grandparent holding British Citizenship. Only the first generation born outside the UK can receive British Citizenship but they cannot pass it down to further generations born outside the UK.

Sorry to have to give you bad news but please remember that you should rate the service provided to you and NOT the suitability of the advice!