How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

dear sir i asked u question regarding yesterday i need more

This answer was rated:

dear sir i asked u question regarding yesterday i need more help in which catogaroy i have to tick when i fill form for brp card replacement .or what is the best way to apply coz my brp card mistankly cancelled when i email for my husband brp lost
Hello and thanks for requesting me again.

Which section of the form do you require help with. I am happy to answer any questions you have about the form in this thread.

If you are asking about the first question then if you previously had ILR you select that option and if you had not yet got to that stage (perhaps a Tier 2 visa, etc) then you select the temporary leave to remain option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need help first of all section 3 and my visa is tier2 general this time i hv got 3 years visa which is going to expire may 2015

The first page you select 'temporary migration' and complete your details and your payment details.

Section 2 should be self-explanatory - you are simply entering your personal details and these would be the same as you indicated on your previous application (unless you have moved).

For section 3 this is obviously tricky as none of the options are suitable given your rather unusual situation and for some reason they have not thought to give you the option to say that there is a reason they did not think of!

Have you checked with the Home Office to find out for certain whether or not your BRP has definitely been cancelled? It might be worth checking first - the email address we discussed previously would be able to let you know. If it has been cancelled then they might simply be able to issue another or they may have a different form that would cover the situation.

Again, it is rather unusual and I actually find it rather surprising that they would cancel your BRP as the number given to them by your husband would not have matched the personal details that he would have provided so I do wonder if they have actually cancelled your BRP.

Let me know with regard to this before we look into the form in greater detail.
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ys they cancel my BRP card as given them i email Ukba to report lost coz they send application form fr my husband to process his application for his BRP card replacement.
The process is simple for your husband as losing a BRP is a scenario covered by the form.

As I mentioned in another question, the guide states that the form can be used for a cancelled BRP where you have outstanding leave to remain but the form itself does not have this option except for ILR.

I suggest that you leave this question open and I will check with the Home Office tomorrow and establish the best process to follow. This form is the one that should be used but your situation is unusual - they should not have cancelled a BRP where the personal details did not match those registered against the BRP number so this is their error. It might be that we can simply get them to issue a new one without a cost but I need to check for you.

Let me know if that is ok and I will then get back to you tomorrow with an answer.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.