UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

hi my girlfriend is in the uk on a tier5 chrity worker visa.

my girlfriend is in the uk on a tier5 chrity worker visa. she has just had it extended from 6 months for another 6 month period. i would like to know if we can get married in the uk on said visa ?

thanks in advance.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Strictly speaking yes you are allowed to, marry in the uk on a visa which is given for more than 6 months. However if your intention was to marry she should have obtained the correct visa from her home country.

Please see following link for further information :

Keeping the above in mind a lot of applicants do marry in the uk without having a marriage or a fiancé visa. So in your partner's case she will be permitted to marry in the uk.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer. Kind regards