Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

thanks for your earlier answer.having looked a little further

thanks for your earlier answer.
having looked a little further into the matter i have come across the surindher singh route. is this a legal way of having my (then) russian wife be able to live in the uk ? ie if i live / work in ireland for 3 months or so then we both come back to england.
Thank you for your question. The answer is yes. If you marry and you then obtain work in another EU state and live and work there for more than three months then you can apply for a family permit for your wife to come to the UK . You must be married or in civil partnership and you must be exercising EU rights - and you should expect to have to prove that just going to live in Ireland will not do it you will need to get job and it must be you not your wife.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your answer thats so great to hear.

im wondering whether my russian wife will be able to come and live with me in ireland simply because she is my wife or whether she will need a particular visa ?

You will have check Irish law on the subject. I would expect so. I cant advice on Irish immigration law it is not he same as uK law but your wife is entitled under EU law to go with you so it is simply a question of whether a visa is necessary