UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

I have TIER 1 visa and I have passed ILETS in 2007 before applying

Customer Question

I have TIER 1 visa and I have passed ILETS in 2007 before applying for HSMP from Pakistan,Still i need to appear for B1 CEFR exam to qualify for Indefinite leave/Visa i have also passed Life in UK Test and Secondly my Wife will apply with me and she has also passed Life in UK Test She also need to appear for B1 CEFR
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Yes in your case you would need to do your take your exam again because IELTS test certificate is usually only valid for two years which means that if you submit the application they will refuse it because your IELTS will not be valid. Yes both you and your wife will need to submit the B1 English Level certificate.

I would suggest that you before you submit the application you pass the B1 level examination or submit your application before 28 October 2013.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your reply but still i am satisfied by your reply because when i apply for exrension in 2011 at that time they never ask me to do any english qualification and on basis of ILETS they have given me 10 points as well and for ILR what documents i need to submitt

Thank you for your reply.

In respect of Expiry if you look at the following link, in particular question 10 it clearly states that IELTS is valid for two years:

http://www.britishcouncil.org/burma-exams-ielts-frequently-asked-questions-general-questions-related-to-the-ielts.htm##10

You should therefore undertake a new English B1 level examination to meet the requirements for indefinite leave to remain. If you wish to submit your old IELTS certificate then I believe your indefinite leave to remain application will be refused.

As you are on the old Tier 1 visa you need to ensure that you are earning the requirement amount , you would need to ensure that you meet the required points to be issued with ILR. In your case as your arrived to the UK under HSMP and then switched to Tier 1 prior to July 2010 you would need to earn at least 75 points.

In respect of documents you need to provided evidence of your education ie if you have a bachelor's degree you earn 30 points, if you have a masters degree you earn 35 and if you have a PhD you earn 50 points. Please see the following link for further information:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixa/

Once you have the required education, salary , etc to meet the points required then you should be granted indefinite leave to remain. You would need to show you have funds to maintain your partner, there is no specific amount you need to show i would suggest you therefore submit the following documents:

1. Educational certificates
2. Payslips for the previous 6 months
3. Bank statements for the previous 6 months
4. Letters from employers confirming your employment /and employment contract/s.
5. Your wedding certificate
6. Any photographs of you and your wife
7. Tenancy agreements, including your current agreement
8. Letters in your name or joint names of you and your partner evidence you are currently residing together

Kind regards
I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time

Kind regards

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your kind reply kindly explain further your 4th point that employment contracts and also i am self employed what documents i need to submitt for self employment and also my wife has already two year visa i still need to prove marriage

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.