Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.

Notice of intended prosecution

I am due to apply ILR on 31-08-2015. I got a notice of intended prosecution for over speeding by south wales Police. Offence date is 15-09-13 exceeding 70 MPH limit. How it is going to affect my application for ILR? I was otherwise thinking of applying via premium service to have the decision in 24 hour as my case was straight forward otherwise.

My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

What speed were you doing? Have you been to court for anything else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Never so far. It was 84MPH as per camera reading. I attended driving alertness course last year May as a result of an accident where i lost my way in valleys and turned right from side road to main road and another car hit my car from right side. According to other driver i came on his way and it was his right of Way.

OK. For this speed you are likely to be offered a fixed penalty which is a fine and 3 points. If you accept the fixed penalty your ILR will not be affected. Under the Good Character requirement you have to disclose convictions following a court appearance. A fixed penalty is not a conviction and does not involve court; therefore you do not have to disclose it in your application.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Roughly how much fine is expected?

The Fine will be £100 for the fixed penalty plus 3 points.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am still waiting for my last question. How long it takes for the points on licence to be removed?

Hi. I cannot see your last question but to help you here is an answer about points:

The points will stay on your licence for 4 years. After that you can apply to DVLA to remove them.

The points will be taken into account if you commit a further motoring offence in the next 3 years.

If you accumulate 12 points in 3 years you could be disqualified from driving for a minimum of 6 months.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually we are going through unfavorable circumstances in our family life and was thinking something, not realizing that i am over speeding. Otherwise I always use the same route and never been over speeding.

I should be care full in future to avoid any problems.

You have clarified all the aspects about my query and I should be careful in future.

Many thanks.

Please remember to rate my answer. Happy to discuss further.