Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

My son was just denied entrance to England this morning & being

Customer Question

My son was just denied entrance to England this morning & being held in British customs because of felony DUI on his record.They are putting him on a plane back to USA.
He has not had any accidents, the conviction was from number of DUI's when he was younger & then got one year ago. He was going to stay with British Aunt & Uncle & do some construction on their house in London. He was holding return ticket for December. His British Uncle called a lawyer friend in England & was told that cutoms should not have done that but that the only way for him to re-enter would be to get a VISA that states his conviction is a DUI. Can you please tell us how long this could take or thoughts on how to get this handled? Also how quickly this can be resolved?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Firstly, he cannot come here to work on a visit visa.

How long ago did he have the conviction? Was there a conviction with the recent DUI?

He will need to apply for a visa to enter the UK and you are not going to have any luck getting the cost of the ticket refunded.