Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.

I applied for U.K. citizenship on the 7th day of April 2013.

Customer Question

I applied for U.K. citizenship on the 7th day of April 2013. I received acknowledgement from the UKBA on 21/04/13 they had received my application forms, supporting documents and £851.00 payment fee. I have telephoned them since then but with no success. I have also written to my local M.P Mr XXXXX XXXXX who in his last letter said that a case worker from UKBA would be contacting me. However that was in May 2013 and I nothing has happened. My application is more than a year old and my current Zimbabwean passport expired. I have indefinate leave to remain and came to the UK from Zimbabwe in 2004. My wife and three children are British citizens.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

You mentioned you that your application was lodged 'more than a year ago' but have given a date in April 2013. Please could you clarify??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry it was on the 7th day of April,2012.

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
That is an extraordinary length of time to be waiting for such an application to be processed and you have every right to be concerned. The Home Office statistic show that there are about than 5% of applications which take more than 6 months to process and it would appear that your application has been caught up with that batch. Unfortunately there are no direct numbers to the caseworkers or to their team. The number they provide is generic. My suggestion is that you should try and contact the Home Office using the contact details you've been given. The other options are to engage a UK based solicitor to make enquiries on your behalf or lodge a formal complaint using the link below:

Happy to discuss further.