UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello (immigration enquiry) I have recently been offered

Hello
(immigration enquiry)

I have recently been offered a foundation doctor job for which a COS has been issued. I have all the other requirements for a tier 2 visa. Problem is my GMC application for full registration is still in process. It is stated on my COS that my GMC registartion is pending. Start date on the COS is the 27th of September. My questions are

A Can i still go ahead with my visa application
B Can i apply for my visa after the said start date on the COS
C Best course of action given the above situation

Thanks
Ade
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Who issued you with a cos?
Is a GMC registration necessary for you to be issued with a COS?
When will the GMC registration be complete?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

COS was issued by my employer (NHS university hospital) and on the COS it actually states GMC pending.

GMC registration will be sorted in 2/3weeks.

Thanks

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In respect of your questions I will state the following:

1. If your employer is happy for you to be issued with a COS and the home office have not put any objection on the application even though your GMC application is pending there is nothing preventing you for submitting your application, and then submitting the full certificate when obtained thereafter, while your visa application is pending.

2. You my submit your application after the start date stated on your COS.

3. I would suggest as stated above, you submit your application by post and then once you have received a conformation letter that the application has been received you submit evidence that your GMC application for registration has been completed.

The application can be submitted prior to the start date of your COS if you wish.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I forgot to mention that I am a Nigerian National and will be applying from my home country.

Would your answer remain the same given the above.

Thanks again

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, but I do recommend in that case that you do submit your application prior to the start of your COS just in case. I would suggest that you obtain the address of where your application will be decided and write in the application form that you will be submitting evidence regarding your GMC application when you have obtained it. You can then send this when you have received it.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.