Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

how can I be assured entry into great britan with a prior sex

how can I be assured entry into great britan with a prior sex conviction. it is a group travel of about 20 people, with a guide and bus driver. this is with EF educational tours for next summer.

What nationality are you please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

American, 67 years old

What sentence did you receive when you were convicted please?

When did the conviction occur?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the conviction occurred in 1986. my sentence was 1 year in county jail, but was released after 8 months. april of 86 .

To be assured of entry I would advise that you apply for a visitors visa before you travel, rather than attempting to enter under the visa waiver program. This is because of the conviction.

The united kingdom border agency are entitled to refuse entry to persons where they consider that it would not be conducive to the public good to let them enter.

If you were convicted of the crime in the united kingdom and received the same sentence then under the rehabilitation of offenders act the offence should be considered spent after a period of 7 years.

This would mean that you will be regarded as rehabilitated.

I when did vice that you apply for a visitors visa and when the application form question asks if you have any unspent convictions you should disclose this conviction. You should give full details of your visa application and also character references from persons of authority who can speak to your good character.
If you are able to do this and do not have any further criminal convictions than I should think you would still have a pretty good chance of getting a visa. You have a much better chance of entering the united kingdom if you have your visa before you travel.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards