Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My US L1B visa has expired and I-94 will be expiring on 5th

Customer Question

My US L1B visa has expired and I-94 will be expiring on 5th Dec 2013. I know I will have to leave US before 5th Dec. I have following question:

If I leave on 4th Dec in the evening and my flight has several stops. Lets say 1st stop in London on 6th Dec and I reach my country on 7th? Will that cause me trouble in my country or in London coz my I94 and visa are expired? Especially in London, If I have to board the flight from other terminal? Will I be violating any international law or UK law?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using our service. My name isXXXXX and I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Not at all. You just have to leave the U.S. on or before the date on your I-94. If you have a valid passport, you should be able to enter your country without issue. If the UK is not your country, you will need to check to see if you need a visa to enter. Other than that, you should be ok.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just go to http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-guillermosenmartin/ and make sure you type: FOR GUILLERMO on the subject line. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My country is India and have a layover at London airport, where I will change my flight. So, will I face any problems while boarding another flight in London?(since I don't have any valid visa).

Sorry about the delay. Seems like someone changed the category around and I couldn't respond until now. Do you plan to leave the airport or stay in the international terminal?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Did you reply? If you did and you do not see your reply above, it is because we have been having technical difficulties. Please repost your reply and to make sure it went through, you should be able to read it on the thread, not get a mostly blank screen after hitting the reply button. I believe I may be able to help you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.