Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

I have been recently denied an unmarried partner visa to a tier 4 student. I am applying for a general 6 month visitors visa now. What documents do I need to send to supplement it? I know one of these documents is about money. How much money do i have to show i have? I will be staying with my partner when I am there. Even if she were to pay for everything while I am there, do i still need to show I have funds?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. How long are you planning to stay? why were you denied a partner visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A few months, maybe 5 or 6. My job starts in April (I am a seasonal worker) so I have to be back by then. I was denied because of a DUI

Ok my concern is that if you have been denied a partner visa you may get denied again because they do not believe you are a genuine visitor and will leave at the end of your stay. so you need to show you have a job to go back to and a reason to go- house car etc. There is no fixed rule for visitors on how much money you need but students for example are expected to have between £450 to £600 per month. Certainly it i hard to see how you can survive on much less than £100 per week as a visitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have about £1500 in my account at the moment. If I borrow the rest from family will that be sufficient? How long does it have to be in my account? Also, you did not answer whether my partners money and/or loans count.

If your partners sponsors you and agree to pay your expenses it will be taken into account. Your funds have to be in your account yes -it must be money available to you to spend. You meed to be bale to satisfy an immigration officer that you can live on £1500 for 6 months. There is no bench XXXXX XXXXXfestyles and needs vary.

one of my colleagues has pointed out that you previously got some detailed advice and did not give him a favourable rating so I would appreciate it if you will now give me a favourable rating for my answers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not received any advice that I cannot find on the UK border agency website. I tried to continue with him/her but the website was failing in such a way that I could not view his answers.