Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have carried official documents that show the wrong date

Customer Question

I have carried official documents that show the wrong date of birth, the error was first made in my Ghanaian passport and that was then carried along to my British passport but I have now recovered my original birth certificate from Ghana showing 1975 instead of 1978. How do I go about amending my records.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

When did you first realise the error?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had never seen my birth certificate as I had a passport which was enough to use as a main form of ID, going through old storage items came across my baptismal certificate and my original birth cerficate. this has only happened in the last year or two.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Provided you are able to show not in any way attempted to deceive the UKBA in obtaining your UK passport then you should still be okay.

It would generally only cause problems where they decided or suspected that you had wilfully deceived them in getting your current passport.

If it is the case that you applied with your previous date of birth because this is what the documents available said then you should explain this. You will have to impress upon them that you were not aware of the actual date of birth and that you only found out when you got this new information.

If yyou do this and provide them with the evidence that you should be able to have your passport amended.

If this is useful please kindly rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Please rate my answer.

If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Tom