Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

hello ,my problem is abit complicated,im on spouse visa since

hello ,my problem is abit complicated,im on spouse visa since 2011.my visa will expire in november 2013.i suppose to apply for ilr before 6ictober.the probkem is now my wife was seeing another man and when i found iut i coyldnt control my self and i had arguement and spat on her face.now and after twi weeks she ohoned the police and i got simple caution and u had to leave.she just want me to sighn for divorce form and she wont help me with ilr.what the divorce kaw here in this matter and would i be able to stay in sny reason even till the divorce finish or i have to bk home or any chance to get ilr ir extensiob uf she chabged her mind and helped me
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 11 months ago.
In order to obtain ILR the relationship must be subsisting, meaning that you must still be living together as husband and wife. If the relationship is not subsisting then you cannot apply for ILR and you will have to leave.

Sorry that I cannot give you better news than this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
qq,cant i get even 6months extention till we,get divorce because she wants to divorce.and any rights for me.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
if we back togther again will simple caution affect ilr ,and if we going to divorce ,can i apply for extension till i get divorce.
Expert:  Howard replied 11 months ago.
If the relationship has broken down then the visa is no longer valid and you should leave the UK unless you have children, which I expect you would have mentioned if this was the case.

You can apply for further leave to remain on compassionate grounds but I cannot think of any basis for this to be successful based on what you have said. An application would enable you to remain here until you got a decision though, although an uncontested divorce can be done very quickly.

If you are back together then the caution might not be a problem if there are no other issues.

There is no point in relisting a question just because you have further questions to ask - just ask them.
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank u
Expert:  Howard replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.