Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hi, Me and my partner are dual nationals - Hungarian-Romanian

Me and my partner are dual nationals - Hungarian-Romanian (we were born in Transylvania, but we are Hungarians, our mother tongue in Hungarian ); I study at an University in Scotland, and we worked here since April 2012 as Au-Pairs. Our question is: Do we have right to work legally? We would like to step forward and work in our domain.
Thank you!
Yours sincerely,
M. Petres
Thank you for your question. If you are Hungarian citizens you are free to work in the Uk without restriction. You need no permission and whilst it is useful to apply for a registration certificate to show your right to be here it is not legally required. If you only held Romanian citizenship then you would need to get a n accession worker card or be exempt as self employed as Romanian and Bulgarian citizens have not yet got unrestricted access not until the beginning of next year.