Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

Just go 3 months discretionary leave to remain. This seems

Just go 3 months discretionary leave to remain. This seems strange to me. Have haerd of anyone with this kind of leave to remain before?
My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I applied for extention of leave to remain on human right ground but was refused upto the appeal in the AIT. I was later invited for interview after applying for the review of the decision with the home office. I was later invited to an interview with the UKBA. The basis of my Human Right application is to care for my sick brother who has a discretionary leave to remain in the UK. His visa expires next year february and he is not fit to travel out of the country. There is likelyhood that he would be granted extension on his visa. I have been here since 2004 on working permit until this was curtail in 2010 after i lost my job. All these applications have been made since then.

I will be happy to assist with your question.

It is unusual to get less than 6 months. I presume that you must have been given an approval letter. This should outline the reasons for the decision and some more detail would be helpful. You could upload the letter after covering up personal identifying details if you would like to do so.

It might be that they have given you that amount of time to take care of your friend and then leave but I need more information to advise accurately.
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.