Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

How can I find out if someone has been arrest and being held

How can I find out if someone has been arrest and being held at immigration united kingdom
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you.
Please do not send any money - this is undoubtedly a scam.
I know that because there is no basis on which anyone would have been held at immigration for this period of time.
If the Authorities beleive that someone should not be in the country then they are placed on the next plane back to the country they came from.
If a Criminal Offence is alleged then they are arrested and charged and bailed to appear in Court at a later date.
The young man would have been taken into care and you would have been contacted by Social Services for more information
There would be no requirement for you (or anyone else) to send money at all)
You are I am afraid the victim of a Romance Scam
If you find it impossible to believe me you can contact the Immigration Detention Centre on this number (NNN) NNN-NNNN3850.
I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't understand what you mean by a romance scam? It's the lawyer that I have question about.

I understand that - but I am afraid that there is no lawyer involved at all - this is a scam designed to make you pay money that you will never recover
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how did he get my phone number?

Hi Barbara
Whilst I can guess that would be all it is and I am afraid that you would find my guess very unpalatable.
Suffice to say this man is NOT a lawyer.
You have not said what nationality your boyfriend is - but the appropriate course of action would be to contact his Embassy and ask them to assist him