How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pursuant to my previous question, can I appeal? What if I apply

This answer was rated:

Pursuant to my previous question, can I appeal? What if I apply asnu have advised and denied a visa wat dod I do?

Generally, appeal rights are not given to most visitor's visas applcations but they must give reasons for their refusal. You woudl then be free to recitify the reasons for refusal by applying again. Simply having been refused for earlier visas is not in itself a reason to refuse future visas.

I think the problem is that you have not applied for a visitor's visa with just your Canadian passport. You have only applied on your Nigerian one and then attempted to enter on your Canadian passport. This looks suspicious, but if you explain it all in your applicatino and adequately evidence your application then you should be okay.

Because of the earlier complications I woudl say that the best thing you can do is to instruct a UK solicitor to prepare your applicatoin for you.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you. How do I get a UK solicitor to apply for me? I'm afraid of more complications because of the crossed stamp already on my Canadian passport. I mean my passport was stamped at the point of entry at heathrow airport but was subsequently cancelled indicating refusal of entry.

I want to get it right this time.

Thank you!

I will answer at 9am..


You would instruct a UK solicitor by contacting them by telephone from where you are. Because you are based outside the UK they will require you to go to a local attorney/lawyer so that you can verify your identity by producing your passports and evidence of address.

You would provide them with copies of all of your documentation and they would take your instructions over the telephone.

They would then draft the application, collate the supporting documentary evidence and prepare a covering letter explainign the previous compications.

They would then send this to you for you to submit directly from your home country.

Please rate my answer.

Kind regards,


Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions