Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

I am married in the Philippines and using my ex husband surname

I am married in the Philippines and using my ex husband surname though we are no longer together for more than 3 years now.my ex husband is in the Philippines and I sent him a divorce paper last year after spoken to him and agreed both on the conditions regarding our children, properties and support and that I am going to send him divorce paper for him to sign which he agreed. But he changed his mind when he got the divorce paper.

I want to get married here whilst I am in post study work visa. Can I do that here? Thank you very much.
You cannot marry unless you are free to marry, meaning that you are not currently married to anyone else. You must obtain a divorce first and then you can get married to someone else. When you marry you are asked to declare that you are not currently married - if you falsely declare that you are free to marry then this could have serious implications in the future.