Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have a civil partnership visa which is finishing jan5th 2014.but

Customer Question

I have a civil partnership visa which is finishing jan5th 2014.but my partners want to dissolutions so I can still apply indefinite leave to remains.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Does your partner wish to dissolve the partnership before your application for Ilr?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Okay. Thanks.

Are there any children of the partnership?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thanks

I will answer tomorrow morning at 9am..

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your question.

If your partner is not willing to support your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your civil partnership then you put in a very difficult position.

This is because the united kingdom border agency requires your application for indefinite leave to remain to be supported by a civil partner in order to be successful.

If there are no children of the relationship then plainly you could not apply on this basis, which would otherwise be an option for you.

If you are not able to reconcile with your civil partner then you're quite simply have to look to see if there's another immigration categry in which you can switch into. Quite often people in your position attempt to switch into the kid 2 sponsored skilled worker category:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/

You should investigate this possibility with your employer if you are in employment.

You should make your partner aware of the implications if they do not support your application. However, the relationship must still be genuine at the time you were to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

If you cannot switch into another visa category and your partner is not willing to support your application for indefinite leave to remain then the only possibility would be an application for silent. However, applications for asylum are very very difficult to get and in practice only 18 out of 100 applications are successful send to even have a chance it must be completely genuine and not simply a way of securing your stay in this country.

I am very sorry that I could not have better news for you. I do sympathize hugely with your position and wish you the best of luck

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom