How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How long do I have to stay in the UK on a Tier 2 (general)

This answer was rated:

How long do I have to stay in the UK on a Tier 2 (general) before applying for indefinite leave to remain? I understand that generally it is 5 years, but someone once mentioned that you can apply a month early (i.e. 4 years and 11 months); is this true?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

That is true in the sense that you are able to apply for indefinite leave to remain 28 days prior to your 5 years in the uk on a tier 2 visa. Please see following link :

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
is there anything else I can assist you with, if not kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to get a same-day appointment during this 28 days?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes of course, you are able to submit your application using the same-day service if you are with the 28 day limit.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions