UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

I am sponsoring an employee for a Tier 2 visa under the category

I am sponsoring an employee for a Tier 2 visa under the category A as a start-up. Could you please confirm that i have submitting the right list of documents?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Just to confirm

Does your company hold a sponsorship license?
Have you issued the applicant with a certificate of sponsorship?
Is the applicant from outside of the UK/EU?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

these are the documents to get a sponsorship license. Once i get the license and I can issue this certificate. The applicant has just graduated and is under a student visa who allows her to work for our company until December 31

Thank you for your reply.

Because there is so much information regarding your company which i am not privy to I believe your best guide to whether you have submitted the correct documents would be by using the following link:

This documents states the documents each organisation requires to submit depending on their size and turn over. I believe this should be sufficient to inform you if you have submitted the correct documents.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. Can you please verify I am submitting all the right documents to get a sponsorship license:

1-Current corporate bank account in the UK

2- Employers Liability Insurance Certificate (Axa, Aviva, Natwest: not sure what to go for)

3- Certificate of VAT registration. Will a print out of HRMC online account suffice

4- Letter from bank providing my corporate banking facility, setting out the dealings it has had with us including the nature, duration of its dealings

5- Evidence of registration with HMRC as an employer to pay PAYE and National Insurance. Proof of Paye ref no and account office ref number be enough

Thanks for letting me know

Thank you for your reply.

The documents you have mentioned do seems sufficient for the application. The home office may ask for original documents regarding HMRC and PAYE should they wish.

In respect of insurance this would again be up to you as long as you have it in place it should suffice for your purposes. You should double check with the link I gave above in case you have missed something:

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much. Last thing this seems too easy. Is there any pitfall we should avoid? The applicant speaks Vietnamese and will also develop our presence in Vietnam.

Thank you for your reply.

The process is designed to be easy, but I would suggest that you follow the above link and if you have done this then it should not be a problem. The home office does its checks and if they are satisfied then they will issue you with a sponsorship licence.

In some instances the home office cam return your application as incomplete due to you not having provided all the required documentation or them wanting further documentation. So do be aware of this when applying on line.

Regarding the nationality of the employee this does not have any effect on your application or their own application.

I hope this clarifies the matter if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards