Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

I am offered to have an inheritance to administrate

Customer Question

I am from Denmark. I am offered to have an inheritance to administrate from my fiance who has the inheritance in escrow in a company called "Joe Vanity UK Security Company Ltd." in Eltham, London. But I can't find any facts when I try to google this company. Do you know if this company exists? Before the money can be paid out I will have to pay quite much money in advance to get the money released from the depot. Is that usual? There is a solicitor in London who helps to have this done, but I am in doubt if it is fake. I will be happy if you can help me.

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
You are right to be suspicious this is a not uncommon scam
An inheritance would simply not be held in Escrow in such a way in the UK - and and fees would be deducted from the funds before they were sent and not paid in advance
You can read more here
I hope that this is of assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You didn't answer if the company exists. I will like to know if "Joe Vanity UK Security Company Ltd." exists in reality. I can give you the following details which I have from a document sent to me.

Joe Vanity UK Security Company Ltd.

236, Court Road

Se9 4TY

Telephone 00447507364298

Transfer Manager. Mr. Robert Graham

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
No this is not a Registered Company and there is nothing to suggest that it is in fact valid
Clare, Solicitor
Experience: 25 years hight street experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire.

Thank you very much for your help

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome - good luck