Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

I am Polish national. Before Poland joined EU I was on business

I am Polish national. Before Poland joined EU I was on business visas and then I start employment but I never registered on worker registration scheme. Did I exercise my treaty rights without that registration?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
Were you working in the UK when Poland joined the EU and then continued to work in the same position? What work were you doing in the UK and was the employer a UK employer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wa working in UK on self-employed visa but then changed jobs twice on that year when Poland joined EU. Did office jobs. The employers all UK.Just to add that I have received permanent residency card from home office in 2011. My youngest boy has British passport. I want to register the other two boys (who are not automatically British as the youngest is and each of my children has different passport) on MN1 form as British and husband who is staying basis mine EEA treaty but I am afraid that because I never registered on Worker Registration Scheme, the applications may be rejected. Those applications cost a lot of money and fees are non-refundable.

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
I have yet to hear of anyone being refused as a consequence of not having obtained worker registration. In addition, you have already been granted Permanent Residence. I think the chances of you having any problems because of this are negligible and you should not be concerned.

On what basis are you intending to apply for Naturalisation for your children?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was reading about section 1.3 parents already settled in uk. Or because of cost of it first we send application for my husband and if he gets on basis of british father. Or should i send them all together?

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.
Where were the children born and what is the age of each child and the nationality of the father of each child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All born in uk, one father of all - romanian. Oldest 7.5 polish passport, middle 4.5 romanian passport, youngest 1 british passport

Expert:  Howard replied 1 year ago.

Good. You are quite right - MN1 applications based on section 1(3). Your initial question should not present any problems or be of any relevance - the basis of the application is that the children were born in the UK and that a parent is settled at the time of the children submitting their applications for Naturalisation.

Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.