UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am British and live in Saudi Arabia and wish form my wife

I am British and live in Saudi Arabia and wish form my wife and son both Filipino passport holders to accompany me to visit my parents, brothers and my son to meet his cousins.

We were refused visit visa last year as at the time i only had single mans work visa here in Saudi , now converted to married and they will live permanently here with me .

We only want to go for 21 days to Uk

What type and what level of chance now the rules have changed for visit visas

rgs Nic Davies
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Just to confirm, at the time of your previous application were you only on a temp visa in Saudi? And since your application you are now a permanent resident?

At the time of your previous visa application was your family residing in the Philippines?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i was on business visa here in saudi and my wife and son living in phillipines with me visiting very 8 weeks

My father sent mail and photos showing the bed room we would use for visit in 4 bed house with only two other occupants my mother and farther plus all the bank statements showing how much money i earn and how much was sent monthly to phillipines .

In all around 60 pages of supplementary info

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Just to confirm your wife and son, are they both now living with you in Saudi?

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly reply to my question.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No my wife and son are in phillipines waiting for there visa for Saudi expected in mid august this year ramdan at present so everything slows up to almost dead stop .

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In your case the only thing that would have changed since you last applied is the fact that you are unable to appeal a refusal for visit visas.

If applicants are applying for a visitors visa the home office wants the applicant to provide evidence that they will return to their home country upon the expiry of their visa. The home office will review all the documents and decide a case on its own merits therefore , I would suggest that you provide the required evidence such as:

1. Evidence of your current employment in Saudi
2. A letter of employment
3. Pay Slips
4. Bank statements
5. A copy of your Saudi visa
6. Evidence showing your subsisting relationship with your wife ie emails, skype chats, telephone calls, pictures.
7. Marriage certificate
8. Birth certificate of your son.
9. Evidence or letters from your wife's family in her home country stating her intention to join you in Saudi and NOT reside in the UK.

In addition you should also provide a covering letters explaining your current situation, you need to inform the immigration officer that you have recently been granted a married visa and that you have no intention of returning to the UK. You need to inform them that your wife is only visiting the UK for 21 days and she will also eventually return to Saudi with you and reside there.

You may also wish to provide letters from your family in the UK and the fact that they wish to meet your wife and son. Provided that you submit evidence of your employment and letters explaining your further plans and how your wife will move to live with you in Saudi, then it should not me an issue . The home office wants to ensure they only let genuine visitors in, and if you provide evidence that will give your wife an incentive not to reside in the UK ie evidence of your employment in Saudi and your current visa for Saudi, it will rest any issues or any doubts the home office may have with your wife's intention to return to her home country.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so your saying apply exactly how we did last year , but the fact i have married mans visa now and that my wife and son will have right to reside here in Saudi , should push it over the line .

The refusal and lose of appeal last year will have no affect ?

What type of visa spousal or straight visit , when you look on .gov web sites it not obvious which is the correct visa to choose.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The fact that you appealed shows your intention that you actually did not agree with the refusal of the application. By you appealing it actually helps your future application.

Your wife would need to apply using a visit visa, form VAF1A, please see the following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/apply/

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.