Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

Hello, I was in the UK between January 3 and June 22 on a

I was in the UK between January 3 and June 22 on a student visa (not tier 4). I am currently in Spain (where I spent two weeks in April) and will be living in Dublin for a month. I am interested in reentering the UK to see friends and go to a music festival in August and then immediately leaving after a week. Would this be okay? I want to book tickets whilst they're available. Cheers.
What is your nationality?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am from the United States.

You should not have any problems entering the UK. Make sure you have the tickets booked and you also have return travel booked - make sure you have evidence of this with you. In addition, make sure you have sufficient funds to demonstrate that you do not need to work.

Coming back to the UK so soon after being here under visa waiver (I presume) creates a strong chance of questions being asked - make sure you can demonstrate the short-term nature of the visit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So having the festival tickets and a return ticket is enough? I will be entering from Dublin and I've heard that there is no border control. Does that change things? Cheers XXXXX XXXXX help, just want to make sure everything is fine.

Having the festival tickets and return tickets plus some statements to demonstrate that you can maintain yourself without having to work are recommended. Entering without a visa is allowed for up to six months - if you leave and then come back in there is a chance of questions being asked, hence the need for taking the suggested evidence with you just in case.