UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My partner has just withdrawn application for his visa extension(tier

My partner has just withdrawn application for his visa extension(tier 1 general made in time-peo service but was told further checks needed to verify bank statement(ghanian)) of which we are his dependants. I have 3 children aged 7,5 and 8 months all born in the UK. In 2008 my husband made an ILR application for 10 years long residence, as we did not get a response on time and neither of us could work.(at the time we did not know what our(we the dependants)status would be.So we left the country to go and live with my sister as we did not want to be illegal. My husband then varied his application back to a students visa as we had been apart for 6 months and he wanted to conclude his studies and join his family. We ended up remaining in west Africa for 20 months. We then returned on a Post study work visa in 2010. In 2011 we switched to Tier 1 general. my husband has now put in his extension application and unfortnately it has taXXXXX XXXXXer than anticipated. As he currently does business outside the UK he has now withdrawn his application because he is desperate to travel to finish up a business so that he can be paid for it.
I am now in a desperate situation as i dont know what to do. I have a £30,000 a year job and i now have to leave that as my visa has now expired(5 days ago) I now have no basis for applying.
This is home to me and has always been home to me and the children. I know I may have to leave as my excuse may not be half as compassionate as thousands of people out there. But please can you send me contact details of a solicitor who can help me asap. If we can be given 6 months to organise things and inform my sister to prepare for me.As well as wrap my affairs in the UK. My husband wants nothing to do with the UK again as he feels he has lost 15 years of his life trying to regularise his life and always being legal in the UK without any hope in site.
We came back to the UK for a better quality of life. Our son who is now 7 years old and very healthy in the UK had severe/chronic asthma while we were back home(2008-2010) we feared for his life.
PLEASE PLEASE what are my options now that the main applicant is flying back home and I just need time to pack up...arrange with my sister and pray that we can start all over again and succeed.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Because of the fact that your partner, main applicant has withdraw his application and you have now become overstayers it does not leave you in a good position, because it does not give you any options to remain in the uk.

You only option would be to apply for further leave to remain on a discretionary basis asking for leave to remain in the uk for a further 6 months allowing you to sort out your affairs in the uk. With these applications it can take more than 6 months to decide so what you can do is once you have sorted out your affairs you can then withdraw your application and leave the uk. Please see following link for the forms, the form will be flr o:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/flro1

You should submit the application as soon as possible.

What you may also wish to do is call home office on 08706067766 informing them of the situation and asking them if they could allow you to remain in the uk for a further period allowing you to sort out your affairs. They will then give you a contact number , you can then discuss the specifics of your return with them.

Unfortunately due to your current situation these would be the most suitable options for you.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.