Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.

I am in uk ,married to a British citizen, under a spouse visa

Customer Question

I am in uk ,married to a British citizen, under a spouse visa ! I am almost renewing my visa, when I got a spouse visa I did sit for A1 spouse visa , do I need to sit for life In uk test?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
The Life in the UK Test is only required when applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

If you are extending your Spouse Visa then you do not need to take the Life in the UK Test.

If you are applying for ILR on the basis of 2 years in the UK with a Spouse Visa issued on or before 8 July 2012 then you will need to take the Life in the UK Test.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
I note that you viewed the answer that I provided. Please make sure that you rate the service provided - this not only helps me but it also helps other customers by letting them know what level of service they can expect to receive.