UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

can you be offered a tier 4 student visa for a postgraduate

Customer Question

can you be offered a tier 4 student visa for a postgraduate taught course that is personally fully funded while you are pregnant?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Are you asking In respect of distance learning?

Kindly note due to the time of day, I will be reverting back to you with an answer tomorrow morning.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

uk lawyer,

no, not for distance learning. going to study in the uk.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

No just because you are pregnant does not necessarily mean that you will not be able to apply as a tier 4 students. The issue to consider would be how much would your pregnancy effect your ability to attend the course and whether you will be able to complete your course within the required period.

The home office requires applicants to disclose to them if they have become pregnant or if pregnancy would mean that they would need to have their course deferred for more than 2 months, if this is the case then the home office would require the applicant to leave the uk and then reapply again for a tier 4 visa allowing them to complete their course.

Please see following link in particular Page 28:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=tier 4 pregnant student ukba&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/modernised/cross-cut/ online-payments1/curtailment-of-leave.pdf?view=Binary&ei=ydK6UcbiE4_40gW-noCICw&usg=AFQjCNGVsXK4N4qa1t7-BbU8kB_xs4UoGA&bvm=bv.47883778,d.d2k

If you feel that the pregnancy will effect your ability to attend for longer than 2 months then it maybe an inconvenience to you to apply now.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards