Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Hello - Do you have a phone number for the UK border home

Hello - Do you have a phone number for the UK border home office?
Is this for the purpose of apply for register as a UK citizen?
What do you want to ask them?
Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes - I hired Kings Courts Chambers to prepare the application (British citizenship by descent) and they are telling me I do not need to have a British citizen as a referee if I do not have one.
Hi
Thanks for your patience.
I’m afraid that that the UKBA do not have a contact number to discuss issues like this. This is because they are there to regulate registration or UK nationals and visas, they are not there to offer advice. Solicitors and barristers are there to offer advice in this regard.
If you have instruct a barrister to prepare the application then you should trust them. Technically, I believe there is no legal requirement that one of the referees MUST be a UK citizen, which is to say that I do not think they would be successful in refusing to register an application because the applicant did not have a British referee provided that the applicant otherwise met the eligibility criteria.
It’s more of a policy decision I believe.
Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.
If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.
Kind regards,
Tom