UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

hi my fiancee and i have been together for 2 years (i have

Customer Question

hi my fiancee and i have been together for 2 years (i have been travelling back and forth to spain each month)he is still living in spain with spanish 1 year residency (about to apply for the 2 year residency as he is working and paying eu governemnt tax) and a nigerian passport. we are looking to get married in the near future but wanted to marry in spain. would we be better trying for a fiance visa to uk? we didnt know if we would qualify as it says you have to have been living together for 2 years? any advice would be greatly appreciatied thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Just to clarify:

Do you want to marry in the UK or spain?
What nationality are you?
Are you currently not residing with him?
Are you working? How much are you earning?
How much is he earning?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we want to get married in spain, i am british. no i am still living in england. i have a spanish n.i .e number and the same address in spain as my fiancee yes im working full time 12,000 a year and he earns about 800 euros a month

thanks

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In respect of marrying in the UK, there are two different types of visa,

1. If you wish to only marry in the Uk and then, your fiancee was to return back to spain, then he would apply for a marriage visa, please see the following:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/marriage-cp/requirements/

2. If your partner wishes to reside in the UK after marrige then he would need to apply for a fiance visa, please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/fiancee-proposed-cp/apply-visa/

But in respect of this visa you would need to show that you are earning at least £18,600 per annum and in regards to your financial income this does not seem to be the case, therefore you are not able to meet the requirements for the visa unless you increase your income.

In these circumstances I would state that it you can choose whether you wish to marry in Spain or the UK as long as your fiance is not looking to settle in the UK after marrige.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards